One of the simplest snacks to make is also one of the most decadent, elegant and romantic. TRUFFLE POPCORN. It's date night and you really want to make a good impression. Here's the perfect recipe to take date night from so so to over the top romantic...TRUFFLE POPCORN. The recipe below is so simple. I make mine the old-school way with a WHIRLEY-POP Stove Top Popcorn Popper. Personally, that’s the best way to make popcorn. However, you can use microwave popcorn.
Let’s get started
Pop your desired amount of popcorn. Place the popcorn in a large bowl, drizzle with butter and truffle oil and toss until the popcorn is covered. Now for the savory and sweet. Grate the Parmesan cheese on the popcorn, sprinkle parsley and salt. Some people like to add a little sugar and pepper. The fresher your ingredients, the better the flavor. To keep things up further, serve in a beautiful bowl along with a glass of champagne or sparkling wine.
- 1/2 Cup of popcorn kernels, popped or 15 cups of popped popcorn
- 1/4 Cup or half a stick of unsalted, melted butter
- 1/4 Cup of truffle oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Grated white or black truffle (optional)
- Whitley-Pop Popcorn Popper or Hot Air Popper or large cast iron pot
- Large Bowl
You can make your own microwave popcorn with just popcorn, vegetable oil and a brown paper bag.